Monday, January 30, 2012

You've Got Mail Mondays!


The postman was rather generous last week. I wanted to return his generosity by mailing out some letters, but someone took all the stamps and didn't tell me. I guess he'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

In the way of books I received two that are for virtual book tours:

Best Seller  by Timothy B. Sagges

Little Did I Know by Mitchell Maxwell

I also received Breath(e) by Ruth Madison, which is a book I won from the great giveaways April is running over at Cafe of Dreams. She has a new giveaway five days a week, so be sure to stop by and see her.

Pre-gardening season is upon us. In addition to the emails I receive--in hopes I'll one day become a master gardener--catalogs come my way. Last week brought the Kelly Nurseries Spring 2012 catalog. They run great sales, so I've bought plants from them in the past. My hostas are beautiful. This year, I'm leaning toward planting blackberry bushes. My husband loves them, and we had a ton that grew wild, but with the little ones, I removed many of the thorny bushes. I want to replace them with thornless varieties. I would also like to try my hand at strawberries and blueberries, but I don't think I'm up to grapes yet, which is what the Lil Diva (10) would like me to plant. I haven't had rhubarb in a while, but I grew up with it. My sisters and I would rip off a stalk and eat it where we stood. Maybe I'll plant some.

I received an offer for the NEW Mantis® Deluxe Tiller/Cultivator. I had written away for information on a Mantis tiller years ago, but I'm not convinced it can handle the rocky soil here. The industrial tiller I rented when we put in our vegetable garden seemed to have a tough time getting through it. The following year we put a shed down in the area where I had created the garden and I haven't had one since. I'm hoping this is the year that changes, as we work toward being more self-sufficient. I'm hoping to put in raised beds, but the berry bushes would go in a different area, so I still need to till land.

Has anyone tried a Mantis tiller? What did you think?

The last item of mention is the 1 oz tube of Nia24™ Gentle Cleansing Cream I received from LovelySkin.com.  Since I've gone off my regular skin care regime, I haven't found the right product for me. My skin is sensitive, so I can't use everything. I also developed eczema during my pregnancy with the Lil Princess (8), so some products irritate that situation. You'll see a review of this once I have a chance to try it for a week or so.

That's it for this issue of You've Got Mail Mondays. Hope you enjoyed it. Did your mail carrier bring you anything interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment