This is the 7th Annual Authors in Bloom Blog Hop and we are thrilled to be part of it. Today I am going to talk about how much easier life becomes when you discover garden plans.
When we first moved into our newly constructed home nineteen years ago, it was a blank slate. This girl with one of the brownest thumbs ever had to figure out what to plant and where. There was lots of trial and error. I planted shady plants on the sunny side of the house. Plants that needed sun on the shady part of the house. I walked through Home Depot looking at bushes and plants and thought they would look nice in my yard while giving no thought to how large they would get or how they would look best.
Then I stumbled upon Better Homes & Gardens list of garden plans on their website. Using a plan, I planted a mailbox garden. Then used similar plants to decorate the opposite side to hide the utility boxes. Found a great plan for the shady side of the house and made that side beautiful. While the yard is still a work in progress--the voles ate most of my hostas last year--there is enough beauty to make this gardener in training happy.
What are some sites you use for garden plans? Any tips for this gardener in training?
I am giving away a $25 Amazon gift card open to any follower of the blog hop.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate.
- To have a chance to win you must leave a comment with a valid email address.
- Extra point if you follow @ccmalandrinos on Twitter. Leave a comment to let me know you followed.
- Tweet "I entered to #win in the Annual Authors in Bloom Blog Hop https://bit.ly/2EYZzP7 #giveaway #AuthorsinBloom" for 5 extra points. Leave a comment to let me know you followed.
- Prize will be emailed to winner.
- Giveaway ends April 27, 2018 at 11:59 pm (EST).
- Host not responsible once prize has been emailed.
- Void where prohibited.
Visit more hosts for more chances to win. Good luck!