Monday, December 14, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Dec 14

 




Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Welcome to Monday. I hope you had a nice weekend. I visited clients on Saturday and dropped off my latest book, A Christmas Kindness (Second Edition) to her. I am always grateful when someone asks for a copy of any of my books. 


On Sunday, I filmed a commercial for my real estate business. I felt well prepared, so that helped.



I also recorded a video to fundraise for a non-profit organization where I sit on the board of directors. Rick's Place offers grief support for children, teens, and their families. We had to cancel our major fundraisers this year because of the pandemic. 

As far as books go, my physical mailbox was empty, but I downloaded two free books for my Kindle.



I hope you've gotten most of your holiday chores completed. Three of our trees are up. The third one still needs lights and decorations. The fourth one will go up this week. I haven't found the girls' stockings yet, so I better get on that. 

Wishing you a blessed week. 


9 comments:

  1. How great to film your commercial. Sounds like fun.

    Your books look good, too. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel. It was fun. I don't mind doing these things as long as I am prepared.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your kindle freebies - those are hard to resist and I'm going to look them up! How exciting to do the commercial! Have a good week, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I really should stop grabbing freebies when I have so many unread books.

      Delete
  3. Hi Cheryl,

    I must admit that I never think to check out the Kindle freebies, as I have more than enough material from NetGalley to be getting on with - but now you have put the idea in my head, I might just have to check them out sometime - and there's me trying to be so good!

    I hope that the commercial campaign is a big success for you and good luck with also promoting 'Rick's Place', such a worthwhile cause!

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy your tree decorating :)

    Yvonne
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never much got into NetGalley, which is why I think I like Kindle freebies. Hope you check them out, Yvonne.

      Thanks for your kind words about the commercial and Rick's Place.

      Delete
  4. You are brave to go in front of the camera. :)

    Fun on the free Kindle books.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first time I was in front of a camera, Elisabeth, I was seven. It doesn't bother me, but I understand it can be upsetting for some. You won't get me in the ocean, though. :)

      Delete
  5. BTW - Cute mailbox image.
    Yes, being prepared is key for any speaking! I think I would still be nervous for a commercial though.
    I was able to get the Christmas of Love book - thanks.
    Have a good week as we move into Christmas week.
    And Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete