Monday, January 16, 2012

Book Spotlight: Unbridled Grace by Dr. Michael Norman


Answering a two-line classified ad in the newspaper had life-changing consequences for a trustingly naive doctor fresh out of school, just starting his career and life as a new father. In a nightmarish true story that could occur to any of us, he innocently takes a part-time chiropractic job from employers who were later found to be a Russian-organized crime ring involved in money laundering, insurance fraud and other crimes. Despite his cooperation in a federal government investigation, the author soon finds himself surrounded by deception on all sides. As his cooperation is turned cruelly against him, Michael endures a federal indictment and an early-morning raid upon his home where he was arrested at gunpoint by six FBI agents in front of his five-year-old daughter. He’s left with two choices: plead guilty to crimes he didn’t commit, receive probation and avoid prison time; or fight the injustice and risk going to prison for at least 10 years. The first means cooperating with the government and lying to put people in prison who may be innocent; the second means doing the impossible and taking on the government.

Unbridled Grace is the true story of how one man rises from the forces of evil through his renewed faith in Christ and takes the reader on a journey to redemption through the bold use of our power of choice for God. Along the way, Michael meets a dynamic Catholic parish priest who gives him the courage to forge a path through this crisis and a hard-working attorney who joins him in this monumental battle. Will their efforts be enough to free the author and his family from this nightmare? It is at this time that a series of seemingly miraculous occurrences begin and the reader is shown what courage, faith and the power of heartfelt prayer can bring to all of our lives when all else appears hopeless.

Read an excerpt!

For years, I was plagued by what-if scenarios permeating my mind. What if the deliveryman had forgotten my paper that day? What if I had been too busy to read the paper that day? Why had I surveyed the classified ads that day? Why had that microscopic two-line classified ad so strongly caught my eye back in October 1994? For a time, I guess, you could say I was obsessed with thoughts of how different the next six years of my life would have been if I had simply not found and read that tiny, obscure ad hidden in the paper that day. And to top it off, I would learn that the ad only ran for a couple of days.

I am referring to the tiny classified ad that Irving Healthcare used to attract applicants for employment and that first led me to contact them. I eagerly faxed a copy of my resume the following day and unknowingly set in motion a six-year chain of events that would change my and my family’s lives forever.

“This is a gift from God,” I remember thinking and telling my wife, Laura, regarding the prospects of a new part-time job for myself. I told her of the tiny classified ad seeking a part-time chiropractic position in the Dallas area. We were excited to think of the additional income and that it would not interfere with my private-practice hours. We thought this had to be an answer to our prayers!

Paperback: 164 pages
Publisher: Dog Ear Publishing, LLC (March 31, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1457500965
ISBN-13: 978-1457500961

PURCHASE AT AMAZON!

No comments:

Post a Comment