Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Getting Rid of Inbox Clutter


Well, my desk doesn't look like this, but if I printed off every email I receive and stacked it on my writing surface, it sure would. Between emails from companies I've purchased from, to blogs I've subscribed to, and to messages from various Facebook groups, I receive over 200 emails a day. That doesn't even count the emails from friends or business contacts I must respond to.

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed the past few weeks. It's left me less than productive, and I know I need to make changes. One of those changes was spending time yesterday and today unsubscribing from mailing lists. Whether it be the online retailer I purchased one item from a year ago or from a blog I haven't visited in six months, out they went. I also spent time reviewing my incoming RSS Feeds. If I have months' worth of unread posts, why am I having the feed delivered to my Inbox anyway? I also cut down the number of Facebook groups where I am a member.

Taking just a few simple steps will help keep your Inbox less cluttered and find you spending less time checking and deleting email.

No comments:

Post a Comment