Thursday, February 23, 2012

Taking Time for Mom Thursdays


This week's post really should be called Taking Time for Mom and Dad Thursday. It's school vacation week here and I've been running around with the girls almost non-stop since Saturday. My in-laws graciously agreed to let the girls sleep over tonight, so I figured I would do something special for Dad and me.

Right after they left, I picked up the main areas of the house: kitchen, living room, and family room. Then I planned a special dinner. This was a spur of the moment idea, so I had to work with what I had on hand. Luckily, I had bought a box of Mini Beef Pot Roast from Schwan's last week. We only eat beef once a month and I haven't been to the butcher in a while, so this was a nice substitute for tenderloin steak.

I set the kitchen table for two--which never happens. I usually dish it up right from the stove. With a side salad, bread, and mashed potatoes, we had a nice meal. I bought myself some extra time by calling the hubby at work and asking him to pick up wine on the way home. That allowed me to hop in the shower, put on a fancy dress and heels, and surprise the heck out of him when he walked in.

We had a nice leisurely dinner followed by coffee (him) and tea (me). Then we sat on the couch by the fireplace and watched the Bruins game (they won).

Have you ever cooked up a special meal for your spouse or significant other? What do you enjoy most about him/her?

No comments:

Post a Comment