Monday, February 27, 2012

You've Got Mail Mondays


I guess the mailman felt he needed to make up for last week, because I got a slew of stuff.

Two catalogs from Land's End arrived--women's and men's. They are currently running a Family & Friends Event that includes 25% off on regularly-priced items and free shipping. But hurry, it ends tomorrow.

Macy's sent me a 16-page catalog for women. It included a VIP Pass for an extra 20% off regular, sale and clearance apparel for her, him and kids, fine and fashion jewelry and select home items. The VIP sale runs from March 7th - 11th so I might see if I can find some pants I desperately need. I love their clothes, but I don't shop there often because I can't afford to. If it's not on sale, I don't buy it.



The hubby and I actually went there this weekend to exchange an overcoat I had bought him for Valentine's Day. Macy's has marked down their winter items, plus we had a coupon for an additional 25% off, so we ended up paying $120 for a Calvin Klein Coleman overcoat (pictured above) that was originally priced $350. Cha-ching!

I hid the Justice® catalog when it arrived on Tuesday. This is another store with products I love at prices I don't feel comfortable paying all the time. What I love most about Justice is that their clothes are fashionable, but modest. I think the Lil Diva (10) will love the multi-color gem sandals below.



Oriental Trading® sent their Fun and Faith catalog last week too. We use them at church for craft and Vacation Bible School supplies.

When I received my gardening packet a few weeks ago, I requested a catalog from Fancy Leaf Caladiums. I was a bit surprised when a folding brochure arrived. I was expecting something larger. We have partial shade to shade on one side of the house and I want to add a bit more color on that side. These caladiums look like they might do the trick. I had tried Bleeding Hearts once, but they expanded too quickly. I'm thinking the Fannie Munson or Rosalie would be a nice addition to the garden.

Has anyone grown these? Do you have any tips?

For books, I received Project Jackalope by Emily Ecton and Tua and the Elephant by R.P. Harris. These came to me unsolicited from Chronicle Books. I don't usually read books that come to me without a formal request placed, but I like Chronicle Books, so I might give them a whirl. Also in the mail came Summer of Secrets by Charlotte Hubbard, which I am reading for her VBT.

On the local front, The Wilbraham-Hampden Times that comes on Thursdays, had an article about the new Head of School at Somers Academy in Somersville, CT. Cynthia Flynn used to run the preschool our daughters' attended. I was heartbroken when it closed (though my girls were in grammar school at the time). I am so thrilled for Miss Cindy. She's a dedicated educator and I'm sure she'll do a fabulous job there. We're considering private school for the Lil Princess (8) because she is farther advanced than her classmates and is finding school a bit boring. Her current school has offered her enrichment opportunities, but I think private schooling is the way to ensure she remains challenged.

That's it for now. I already had a neat book arrive today that I am eager to share with you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment