Thursday, February 16, 2012

Taking Time for Mom Thursdays


I haven't watched a prime time television show in years. I'm not into reality TV, and I have little time to watch anyway. I'm sitting here typing and watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. I had heard it was hilarious. I guess I left my funny bone packed in my dresser drawer. Some of it made me laugh but a lot of it was just vulgar. I also find Neil Patrick Harris's character, Barney, annoying beyond words. I made it through two episodes before I had to shut it off.

I've watched a few episodes of Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck and Bones with David Boreanaz. I liked them, but not enough to set the DVR and make sure I saw them each week, and the new Hawaii Five-0 has way too much angst.

I guess not much appeals to me these days, so I don't bother turning the set on when the family isn't around. What I enjoy are older shows like The Golden Girls, Little House on the Prairie, Quantum Leap, The Rockford Files, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. I've been known to goof off for a morning by popping in a DVD around breakfast time and watching until I feel guilty about not working.

What are some of your favorite shows? Do you watch a lot of prime time TV? What is one show you used to watch that you miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment