Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tunes Tuesday - REO Speedwagon


I still pop my REO Speedwagon Greatest Hits CD in from time to time. As far as greatest hits CDs go, it's the one I can say I don't skip any tracks when I listen to it. They're a fun band, singing songs about relationships and life.

In this live version of "Take It On The Run," I immediately picked up on how they were dressed. The lead singer--though with a t-shirt on--is wearing a suit jacket. Big hair aside, all the musicians look like average guys who you would feel safe hanging out with. It's a far cry from how many musicians dress these days in the "if you got it flaunt it" generation.

I was trying to explain to the Lil Diva (10) why the school district has put a dress code in place that doesn't allow tops with spaghetti straps or shorts or skirts that are higher than their fingertips, but she thinks it ludicrious. Even though she isn't a girl to wear those types of things, she's still bugged someone is telling her what is appropriate to put on her body.

But I digress, REO Speedwagon remains one of my favorite bands. Are you familiar with their music? Do you have a favorite REO song?

No comments:

Post a Comment