Saturday, April 2, 2011

Interview: LoRee Peery, Author of Rainn on My Parade

Joining us today is LoRee Peery, author of the inspirational romance, Rainn on My Parade. A lifelong Nebraskan, LoRee grew up on a Nebraska farm near Neligh. She feels grounded in her sense of place and considers it a blessing to have lived most of her life in the country. We'll talk to her today about her writing, this latest release, and what's up next.

Welcome to my blog, LoRee. It's wonderful to have you here. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

I grew up on a farm near Neligh. I learned to read when I was four and have devoured books since. I long to get back to sewing crafts and quilting. I enjoy creating rock and flower gardens, bird watching, and country walks.

I love the word overcomer and know how the Lord has carried me through life. When I consider being set apart as a child of God, I am humbled. I feel closest to the Lord when I worship through singing. And one thing I'm sure of: “Jesus loves me, this I know. And He will never let me go.”

Spending one-on-one time with my grandchildren is one of my favorite ways to pass the time.

When did you begin writing?

In the mid eighties. Then I quit for about 10 years because of pain. I’m so thankful I couldn’t give it up for all time.

What is this book about?

A mid-life woman who has found purpose in her new business, only to be drawn to a younger man who has custody of his special-needs niece. The attraction metes internal havoc as she attempts to balance responsibility and personal fulfillment.

What inspired you to write it?

When Eric, the hero in Moselle’s Insurance, introduced his buddy Rainn to the heroine’s mother Geneva, Rainn said, “If the daughter looks anything like the mother, you’ve got a good thing going here.” The idea of a Christian older woman/younger man story wouldn’t leave me alone, so I continued with the Frivolities series.

Are you a member of a critique group? If no, who provides feedback on your work?

I have two wonderful, smart, savvy friends whom I critique with. Over the years different people have asked to read my manuscripts. It’s always interesting to hear others’ opinions on what works and what needs to be cut, and what could be made so much tighter and better. It’s a challenge to hear, “go deeper,” or “I want to know how he/she is feeling here;” but the end result is much better for the effort.

If you knew then, what you know now, is there anything you would have done differently?

Not a thing. Writing is an ever-growing process. I remind myself all things happen according to God’s time.

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

Amazon.com and White Rose Publishing.

Do you have a website and/or blog where readers can find out more?

http://www.loreepeery.com/

http://whiterosesinbloomblogspot.com/

http://apenforyourthoughtsblogspot.com/
What is up next for you?

My editor at White Rose Publishing has the third story in the series under consideration. My critique partners are giving input on the fourth story. And my WIP is a fictional memoir.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Only a big thank-you to Cheryl for the opportunity to be here.

Thanks for spending time with us today, LoRee. We wish you continued success.

No comments:

Post a Comment