Monday, April 4, 2011

April 2011 A to Z Blogging Challenge

What is the A to Z Challenge? It’s blogging a letter of the alphabet every day the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior.) It began April 1st, with the letter A and ends April 30th, with the letter Z. You can click here to see who else is participating in this challenge.

Today's post is for the letter:




There are so many things I could talk about when it comes to the letter "C". There's me, Cheryl, and then there are our two cats. I can't forget that my favorite cereal growing up was Cap'n Crunch or that I used to watch Captain Kangaroo on TV when I was kid.

I used to drive a 1978 Camaro that looked pretty much like this one...



...until I lent it to a co-worker one day and that was the end of my Camaro.

Twix bars are my favorite chocolate treat, though Snickers are good in a pinch. My mom would always keep a dish full of LifeSavers candy by her bed to suck on while reading.

But my favorite "C" word of all time is Christmas. I love Christmas. I'm fairly certain I am the biggest kid in the house. I like giving gifts and I like getting them. Baking, decorating, sending cards, and all the fun stuff that goes into celebrating the holiday can make one forget the reason for the season, but we do our best as a family to stay focused on the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

In case you somehow missed it all these years, let me tell you now that I decorate almost every room in my house for Christmas. We have multiple Christmas trees and each has its own theme; like snowmen. We also have our handmade ornament tree, the collectibles tree, one tree only has angels on it, and there's a snowflake and icicle tree too. Our girls each have their own small trees in their rooms: one purple, one pink.



Each room in our house has a nativity scene, but one year I splurged and bought myself the Jim Shore Heartwood Creek Mini-Nativity Set. It sits in our magic window in the family room each year. It's absolutely beautiful. This is our main nativity, where we sing Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus on Christmas morning.

What is your favorite holiday? What are some of your family traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment