Friday, April 8, 2011

April 2011 A to Z Blogging Challenge

What is the A to Z Challenge? It’s blogging a letter of the alphabet every day the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior.) It began April 1st, with the letter A and ends April 30th, with the letter Z. You can click here to see who else is participating in this challenge.

Today's post is for the letter:





I'm a little late with my post today, but I hope you'll still stop by and check it out. Today we're going to talk about goats, or more specifically, goat soaps.

Back in January, Pricilla, the spokesGoat for Happy Goats Soap, was kind enough to send me a free sample that looked like this:


I have to admit I wasn't sure what to expect. I had only bought soap in a store before, so this was going to be a new experience for me. These soaps are made with ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, Olive oil and apricot kernel oil, which is then combined with goat's milk. I was impressed, especially because I have sensitive skin and this soap didn't leave me itching or running for Benadryl. You can read my full review here.

It was a sad moment when the last of my sample bar was gone, so I went to their Etsy site at http://www.etsy.com/shop/happygoatsoap and ordered more. I picked up cat shaped one and a dog one, both in the Bing Cherry scent. These were gifts for my girls, who kept trying to steal my sample bar.



Then I picked up an unscented shaving bar for myself. Shaving always leaves my skin feeling very dry, but the oils in this soap leave my skin feeling much softer. I then apply lotion to help lock in the moisture.



I can't see us ever going back to store bought soap again.

Have you tried goat's soap before? What about other soaps made from natural products?

No comments:

Post a Comment