Friday, April 29, 2011

April 2011 A to Z Blogging Challenge

What is the A to Z Challenge? It’s blogging a letter of the alphabet every day the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior.) It began April 1st, with the letter A and ends April 30th, with the letter Z. You can click here to see who else is participating in this challenge.




Today's post is for the letter:



If you have a copy of Dr. Seuss's ABC Book, you'll read:

"BIG Y
little y

A yawning yellow yak.
Young Yolanda Yorgenson
is yelling on his back."

I read this book as a kid, and those lines stuck with me all these years. How delightful it was to read them again when my son started his Dr. Seuss collection, which is now my daughters' book collection. This book was my favorite. The copy I have now actually belonged to my husband when he was a kid.

What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Do you remember any lines out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment