Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 2011 A to Z Blogging Challenge

What is the A to Z Challenge? It’s blogging a letter of the alphabet every day the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior.) It began April 1st, with the letter A and ends April 30th, with the letter Z. You can click here to see who else is participating in this challenge.




Today's post is for the letter:


Q is for quilt, a definite necessity in New England from the end of October until early April. I can't say that I've ever owned one. I'm more of an afghan person. My middle sister, Terry, however, had this beautiful handmade quilt when we were kids. Terry loved horses, and one side of the quilt had a huge picture of a horse. The other was the more standard patchwork kind of look. I was very jealous of her because it was such a lovely gift. I think one of our paternal aunts made it for her.

When I was pregnant for my son, our roommate sewed a quilt for him. I tucked it away after the girls were out of their cribs. I recently gave it to my daughter-in-law. Their godson comes to visit often and I thought they might have some use for it. Who knows, maybe my first grandchild (I'm hoping to hear that news some day) will use it too.

I've always wanted to try my hand at making a patchwork quilt, but I don't think I have the patience for it. What about you? Are you a quilter? Do you know someone who is? Are you a quilt person or an afghan person?

No comments:

Post a Comment