Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 2011 A to Z Blogging Challenge

What is the A to Z Challenge? It’s blogging a letter of the alphabet every day the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior.) It began April 1st, with the letter A and ends April 30th, with the letter Z. You can click here to see who else is participating in this challenge.

Today's post is for the letter:


Today we'll talk about family. Families come in all shapes and sizes. When I was born in the 1960's, I was the last of three girls. I spent many years as the baby of the family. After my mother passed away, my father remarried. He and his wife had two boys. After the birth of my brothers, that planted me squarely in the middle; though I've never felt like a middle child. I'm like the stopping point of the old family before the new family begins.

At the ripe old age of 19, I gave birth to my first child. My son's father and I were together until our little one was 18 months old. We split, and I began dating the man who is now my current husband. We dated for many years; so long that several people thought we would never marry. But one day he asked and I said yes. We were married in May 2000 and soon began working on adding to our family.



I spent the first 20 months of our 41 months of marriage pregnant. We welcomed the Lil Diva in 2001 and the Lil Princess in 2003. Life hasn't been quiet or dull since.


Our family grew to include my daughter-in-law. Perhaps one of these days I'll be getting a call that a first grandchild is on the way. We'll see. We never know what God has planned for our growing family.



Family is at the center of everything I do. I left Corporate America in 2004 to raise my children. I am fortunate to work from home, so that every day when the girls step off the bus they find me here to help with homework. My son still calls every once in a while to chat with Mom. Yesterday, we got a chance to catch up on things when we ran into each other unexpectedly at WalMart.

As I mentioned before, I'm not sure what God has planned for our family, but it sure has been one wonderful ride so far.

What is one of your favorite family memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment