Monday, April 9, 2012

You've Got Mail Mondays!



Good thing it was a slow mail week. Holy Week is always busy around here. On Thursday we celebrated a Seder Supper at church, and then we had a lovely Good Friday candle light service that reflected on the seven sayings of Jesus while on the Cross. Saturday and Sunday I cooked. The whole family was here Sunday afternoon to celebrate Easter. By tomorrow, I might have recuperated. 

It was a week of books last week. The first was Miracle Play by Lynn McMonigal. Lynn was kind enough to send me an autographed copy with a Bible verse listed below her signature. (Joshua 1:9). I am eager to read this one, as it sounds lovely.

Covenant House, one the charities we donate to, recently included the book, Sometimes God Has a Kid's Face, by Sister Mary Rose McGeady.

Then finally, I received three books from the Learning to See Series:  The Artist's Eye, Drawing Techniques, and Figure Drawing. I will be reviewing these ones. I have two budding artists and I would love to learn how to draw, so I figured they would be perfect.

My membership renewal to the SCBWI came last week. This is a great group that helps children's book writers and illustrators network. They have a newsletter and hold conferences. I belong the New England Chapter.

Finally, the Summer 2012 newsletter for All American Gymnastic Academy in Wilbraham came. The girls usually have their birthday parties there. The Lil Princess (8) took one session of gymnastics during the fall of 2010, but it's expensive, and we couldn't swing it with all the other things that were going on. This year's summer program looks great and comparably priced to other summer events, so I might sign them up for a session for after we return from North Carolina in July.

Speaking of North Carolina, I'm getting excited, because it looks like the whole family will be joining us for part of the time we're there. My son and daughter-in-law can only stay a long weekend, but it will be nice to have them with us. My brother-in-law, sister-in-law and Baby Harry will be traveling by car, with my father- and mother-in-law tagging along. We've never gone as a whole group, so this should be neat.

That's it for this week's peek into my mailbox. Hope you have a lovely week filled with many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment