Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Cleaning Month - Seventh Generation™ Disinfecting Wipes



Disinfecting wipes make getting rid of germs easier, but the harsh chemicals in many of them do a number on my sensitive skin. In addition, I'm not sure they are the best thing for a house filled with animals and kids.

I had a coupon for $1 off any Seventh Generation™ product, so I opted to try their Disinfecting Wipes. Their website says they kill "over 99.99% of household germs." These are strong, sturdy wipes of a good size. I use them in the kitchen and bathroom all the time.

I didn't like that the label lists the active ingredients as .05% Thymol and 99.95% other, which forced me to visit their website to learn what the remaining ingredients are, but I didn't see anything in the list that would cause concern. The one thing I can say, however, is that these wipes do not have a pleasant fragrance. I don't want a perfume smell for my disinfecting wipes, but even my kids don't like the smell of these. I use them, but I have to wash my hands with soap and water afterwards to get rid of the scent.

Since they work well and don't fall apart, I would still consider purchasing more of these in the future.


I purchased a 35-count canister of this product during my weekly trip to the store. I received no monetary compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment