Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blogging from A to Z Challenge - M


Here's where I admit I am a bad girl. I don't really care for milk much. I'll drink it with cookies, pie, and pasta, but other than that, the only milk I get is in tea or with cereal. My girls, however, are big milk drinkers. I guess someone in the house should be healthy.

In addition to protecting against osteoporosis and maintaining healthy teeth, milk and dairy products could help reduce high blood pressure, according to The Dairy Council. Several studies also link consumption of these products with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Surprisingly, it states people who consume milk and dairy products are likely to be slimmer than those who don't. Studies have shown that consumption of milk and dairy foods as part of a calorie controlled diet leads to increased weight loss, particularly from the abdomen. Who would have thought?

This post is part of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. A full list of participants can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment