Saturday, April 7, 2012

Blogging from A to Z Challenge - G



Grapes might just be our family's favorite fruit. I grew up on white ones and switched to red ones as an adult. While I still enjoy white ones occasionally, I prefer the taste of red. The Lil Diva (10) and the Lil Princess (8) want to try their hands at growing grapes this year. We also have a friend who started growing grapes and ended up retiring from the business world and starting his own winery. While I'm not a big wine drinker, I thought the ones I tasted there were good.

According to The World's Healthiest Foods, a recent study indicates that several grape phytonutrients are now believed to play a role in longevity. I actually had no idea how many health benefits could be gained by eating grapes. You can read an article on it here. The article also provides a history of grapes and many other interesting facts.

Looking for a different take on this healthy snack. Frozen grapes make fun and different frozen snack for kids.

This post is part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. You can find a full list of participants by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment