Friday, April 27, 2012

Blogging from A to Z Challenge - X



Did you know these existed? I didn't until today. According to recipetips.com, this very hot yellow chile adds flavor to food or can be used as a garnish.

Peppers are rich in vitamins A, C and K. The World's Healthiest Foods says the "fire" in chili peppers comes from capsaicin, which "is being studied as an effective treatment for sensory nerve fiber disorders, including pain associated with arthritis, psoriasis, and diabetic neuropathy." Capsaicin is also said to help clear mucus from your nose and lungs, boost immunity, and can help prevent ulcers. According to this article I found on About.com, capsaicin also helps to keep food from spoiling. Food cooked with chiles is said to last longer. Hmmm....

Now, I love peppers, but I decide not to grow them this year because I am the only one in the house who eats them. I might do it next year if this year's harvest is good.

This post is part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Only two days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment