Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: CROCK-POT® Inspired Lemon Pork Chops



Thank goodness for potluck suppers at church or I might not use my CROCK-POT® slow cooker at all. I wish I got a chance to use it more often, but honestly, I rarely find a recipe everyone likes. The hubby and I usually agree, but one of the kids is destined to hate what I prepare. Ah, the joys of motherhood!

This weekend, I decided to use up some pork chops I had bought on sale at the grocery store. I usually get meats at the butcher, but the store had buy 1, get 2 free, so this ended up being a great deal--even if they were bone-in chops.

I thought Lemon Pork Chops would be a good choice, since so many people usually make chicken dishes for our potlucks. I discovered I didn't have all the ingredients to make this dish according to the recipe, but I'm known for substituting wherever I see fit. Everyone raved about the dish, so I decided to share this one with you. I don't have a picture to show, so I apologize for that.

Here is the recipe per the cookbook.

  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • 4 boneless pork chops
  • 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
  • 1 large onion, quartered and sliced (optional)
  • 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
  • 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 large lemon, quartered
  • Lemon wedges (optional)
  1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat until hot. Brown pork chops on both sides. Drain excess fat and discard. Transfer to CROCK-POT slow cooker.
  2. Combine tomato sauce, onion, if desired, bell pepper, lemon-pepper seasoning and Worcestershire. Add to CROCK-POT slow cooker.
  3. Squeeze lemon juice from lemon quarters over mixture; drop squeezed peels into CROCK-POT slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender. Remove lemon wedges before serving. Garnish with additional lemon wedges, optional.
Here is my recipe:

  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • 4 pork chops
  • 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
  • 1 can (14.5 ounce) stewed tomatoes
  • 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce


    1. Debone pork chops or use boneless chips and cut into strips. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat until hot. Lightly brown pork chops. Drain excess fat and discard. Transfer to CROCK-POT slow cooker.
    2. Combine tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, onion, celery, lemon juice, black pepper and Worcestershire. Add to CROCK-POT slow cooker. 
    3. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or until pork is tender.
    If I made this at home, I would have served it with white rice. The sauce can be ladled over the rice if desired.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment