Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Product Review: Seventh Generation™ Free & Clear Baby Wipes

I love free samples. Who wants to spend good money trying out a new product and then not like it?

Some time ago, I requested a free sample of Seventh Generation™ Free & Clear Baby Wipes. Both of our daughters have sensitive skin like I do; especially the Lil Princess (8). Even though they are long past the diaper stage, I still keep wipes on hand for sticky messes. The problem, I discovered, is my usual wipes contain phenoxyethanol. According to this article at Truth In Aging, this glycol ether has been shown to have harmful effects on the brain and nervous system. Some animal studies indicate this can happen even in at "moderate concentrations."

So, I decided to try Seventh Generation Free & Clear Baby Wipes. I received two sample packets that included three wipes each. While about an 1/8-inch shorter than my usual wipes, I was immediately taken with how soft this polyester and rayon wipe is. Even though it is soft, it's sturdy too. It lasted the cleaning of both dirty feet when the Lil Diva (10) opted to run around outside without any shoes on the other day. With its plant-derived ingredients, a plant-based cleansing agent, emollient and synthetic vitamin E, I feel better about the wipes I have my children use. Though unscented, the first thing each girl commented on was how much they liked the smell of the wipes.

We'll definitely be making the switch to Seventh Generation Free & Clear Baby Wipes, which are available in many of our local grocery and health food stores.


I requested a free sample of this product directly from the manufacturer. I received no monetary compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment