Monday, June 1, 2020

Mailbox Monday - June 1




Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Welcome to June! I switched to my mailbox in the sand because it makes me think of the lazy days of summer that will soon be upon us.

Last week was a blur--meetings, a hair cut (finally), writing/editing, a training call, a new listing and house showings. I might be able to snag Friday off this week, but we will see how that goes.

Nothing in my mailbox this week, but I did pre-order this one on marketing.



I met Alexa because she coordinates the Women in Publishing Summit. I have attended the last two years. Even though I've already published four books and have another one on the way in the next year or so, I like to read what the most up to date marketing resources and tips are.

That's it from me this week. I hope you had a mailbox full of goodies for me to check out as I make my journey around the blogosphere today.

10 comments:

  1. I like your mailbox in the sand! Your book looks good, too. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the beach this year. I prefer going in the evenings when we can bring the dog and there aren't many people there. Not sure how social distancing is going to work during the day. Thanks for visiting, Laurel.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cheryl,

    A haircut! - now let me see if I can remember what one of those is!! We are in the early stages of releasing lockdown, here in the UK and our government in their wisdom and unlike almost everywhere else in the world, has deemed that hairdressers will be amongst the last businesses to be allowed to reopen, possibly early July! I am amazed how looking forward to something so simple, will I know, help to lift my spirits so much :)

    I think that all businesses will be busy looking for new ways to market themselves right now, with just about everything they know and have learned, being ditched and left by the wayside. This new normal is going to change things for just about everyone, but for anyone who doesn't need to adapt, has a great idea and is brave enough to start a new business from scratch, there probably couldn't be a better time to take the plunge!

    Enjoy the book, at least you can dip in and out of this one, as your work demands dictate :)

    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry things are so slow going, Yvonne. My visit to the salon was very different--masks, hand sanitizer, screens between booths--but it was nice to have a cut that will make the heat of summer easier to handle.

      Thanks for visiting. Hope you enjoy your week.

      Delete
  3. It's the little things in life, like a haircut, that we really appreciate now. My daughter had her nails done yesterday and she was so happy as they had been closed for over two months. I hope your new book is progressing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still don't have nail techs open yet. Hopefully soon. So glad your daughter was able to her nails done.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Our hair dressers are opening this Friday, but who knows when I will get in. They are so far behind.

    Love your mailbox photo.

    I had a slow book week last week too.

    ENJOY the first week of June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what many are saying around here, Elizabeth--total back up from weeks of being closed.

      Sometimes slow book weeks are good.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. That book looks perfect for you! I actually trimmed my own hair and my son did my roots. He did as good a job as my hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mailbox in the sand.
    Marketing isn't easy. Glad you are preparing. :-)
    Our office work seems to indicate that the housing market and loans are still moving along.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete