Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Task It Tuesday - Jan 22


Originally created by The Geeky Blogger, Task It Tuesday is a weekly meme to help you--and me--get things done. The challenge is to post a task or list of tasks you want to complete before next Tuesday. These tasks can help you with your blogging life, reading life, personal or professional life.

How does time fly so quickly? Was it the snow or the blood moon? Maybe I'm just getting old.

I have to admit that last week wasn't a very impressive show of sticking to the to-do list. I'm bummed about my neighbor passing away and her funeral was coming up. My head wasn't where it needed to be. Why has this affected me so? Well, two reasons:
  1. She was always so wonderful to me and reached out more than once to say, "Let's go for a walk." My busy little self never did it. There was always a good reason to put it off. Now, it's too late. I wasn't a good friend. 
  2. It forces my husband and I to face mortality. She was our age. Her kids are around my girls' ages. She was active and living a healthy lifestyle. One day here. One day gone. It really makes you think about what you should be doing differently.

Last week's list looked like this:
  • Daily Bible reading - DONE
  • Exercise - Going to be a challenge this week. Probably Thurs and Fri. - I'll pretend not to see this.
  • Time block this week's calendar. Should be done, but Sunday I wasn't home. - Never did it.
  • Stick to my 5-5-5-5 plan for reaching out to more people: 5 calls, 5 texts, 5 emails and 5 handwritten notes every day. - Better than the previous week, but not what it should be.
  • Update my CRM. - Made a bit of progress, but need to focus on this.
  • Clean my office closet. - Pushing this off for now. It will get done, but other things are more important right now.
  • Take down Christmas decorations. Winter ones stay up, but trees, nativities, and Santas get packed up. - One more tree to go.


Here is the list for this week:

  • Daily Bible reading Ahead of schedule
  • Exercise - Today and Saturday
  • Time block this week's calendar. Mostly done
  • Stick to my 5-5-5-5 plan for reaching out to more people: 5 calls, 5 texts, 5 emails and 5 handwritten notes every day. Did some yesterday
  • Update my CRM. High priority

Is there anything you want to accomplish this week? I pray you're successful. 

1 comment:

  1. seems like you're doing great with some things. Take that as a win. So sorry to hear about your neighbor's passing. It's tough to think about the times you could have spent with them and then think about your own mortality on top of that.

    ReplyDelete