Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year's Resolution Solution - Post Days 2 & 3


There are days I think I must be crazy to do this. After the first day, my middle hurt. On Day 2, we worked our arms, so they are sore. Then today, we worked out buttocks. Half an hour later my legs still felt like spaghetti. By tomorrow, I won't be able to out of bed.

For the most part, I am sticking to the healthy eating portion of the program too. Breakfast is either oatmeal with fruit or Greek yogurt and a hard-boiled egg. Lunch is usually a salad of some kind. Dinner--I grew up calling it supper--on Day 2 was brown rice, teriyaki chicken, and broccoli. I ate lunch late today, so tonight I opted for some seafood salad (no dressing) in a whole wheat pita with some greens.

Confession time: I cheated at lunch today and had a Pepsi. Gosh, I miss it. I'm thinking, though, if I went from having two 12 oz. cans a day to one every three days, I'm still doing better than I was before. The head aches a bit, but not overwhelming.

The one challenge I am having is getting enough sleep. I really need to get to bed at least an hour earlier.

Not sure what is on tap for exercise on Thursday, but I don't think I have many body parts left that aren't in pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment