Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year's Resolution Solution - Post Day 1


The picture below is from right before yesterday's workout. Don't I look thrilled? Exercise has never come easy for me, but it's time I started doing more of what's right. 

Day 1 of the New Year's Resolution Solution started with my bowl of oatmeal with bananas and walnuts that I washed down with a cup of decaf black tea (everyone says drink green or white tea, but it isn't for me). I'm doing baby steps here. 

Then came the workout. The focus was on abs, so we did the Total Abs workout by Neila Rey--think crunches, leg raises, flutter kicks, planks, etc. My middle still hurts.



Morning snack was low-fat raspberry Greek yogurt. Lunch was a spring mix salad to which I added carrots, beets, and chickpeas. I topped it with a tiny bit of fat free Italian dressing. For the record, I am not a salad person. Drank water with both of these.

Wasn't sure what to do about afternoon snack because I was on the road, so I grabbed some carrots and unsalted dry roasted peanuts, then brought along my trusty water bottle.

I cheated a bit for dinner by having ham and cheese on a whole wheat pita. Added spinach and romaine, along with some tomatoes, to this one. Drank water with this too. I also allowed myself one chocolate chip cookie as a reward last night with a cup of tea. 

Amazingly, I made it through the entire day without a can of soda. I'm craving it, but have managed not to cave in. I haven't had a headache yet, either. If I do, I might have to add one can back in. I'm not sure if the lack of a headache has anything to do with the disastrous detox I did last week.

Trying to get myself ready for the new year, I thought an easy and not radical detox might help. Well....it might have considering my lack of caffeine withdrawal headaches this week, but I thought I was going to die last week. Three days in a row of drinking detox water (water with lemons and other fruits or mint) made me so ill I had to go to bed. I could handle the expulsion of toxins through waste, but my migraines were so bad I couldn't stand light or lift my head off the pillow. I gave up after that. 

Yesterday, makes me optimistic about my ability to stick with it. We post all kinds of photos to the Facebook group each day so we are accountable and have visual aids to remain focused. I've already had a healthy breakfast and performed today's workout, so now it's time to re-hydrate and go about my day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment