Tuesday, January 26, 2016

New Year's Resolution Solution Part 2 Continued


I have to tell you, lifestyle changes are so-o-o-o-o-o-o hard. Right about now all I want to do is sit down and eat an entire gallon of ice cream. Well, maybe not; but even though I like the food I am eating, I miss donuts and tossing back a movie size box of Junior Mints in one sitting. My poor Schwan's driver must hate me right about now. I've drastically reduced what I purchase from them. 

Saturday night I made mini spinach, mushroom and cheese muffins from a recipe I found in the Big Y Life in Balance. magazine. They were good, but not something I would want all the time. I like my muffins sweet. Other than that, breakfast has been hard-boiled eggs and yogurt or oatmeal with fruits and nuts. 

When I've been eating out I've stuck to salads or light meals. I joked with my husband when we took the girls out to eat on Sunday that it was a sorry state of affairs when my meal was the healthiest one on the the table. His diet is usually better than mine. 

Suppertime has been rough because my schedule has been nutty. Tonight I made myself a meatball grinder on a whole wheat pita with American cheese and salad greens. It was awesome. 

I worked out yesterday and today, but I've been keeping it a bit light because I'm not feeling one hundred percent. I did a butt workout today and my legs have felt like jelly ever since. I plan to take a day off tomorrow because I have an early house inspection. Probably for the best anyway.

They are starting up another Facebook group in February like the one I've been participating in. We get workout routines and recipes on a daily basis. We don't have to, but to keep us motivated they ask us to post workout photos and pictures of our meals and snacks. Let me know if you would like to join us.






No comments:

Post a Comment