Monday, June 4, 2012

You've Got Mail Mondays


Seems my postal carrier wanted to visit my house a lot last week. He brought some neat stuff.

On the book front, First Flag of New Hampshire by Stephanie Burkhart arrived. This is a book I'll be reviewing for my kids' book blog, The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. This book was released by 4RV Publishing LLC, who is my publisher for A Christmas Kindness. My book should be out this fall.

Catalogs arrived from JcPenney, Athleta and Land's End. I have to admit with the only JcPenney around is a half hour away, I don't shop there much. We had a JcPenney Outlet for a while, but that closed in October. They didn't have the great deals the regular JcPenney store that used to be there did, so I wasn't thrilled when they changed it to an outlet. With Father's Day coming soon, I might pick up something out of the Land's End catalog for the dad around here.

I received a coupon for $25 off purchases of $100 or more of Charter Club® or other brands at Macy's stores and macys.com. I need to buy a few things for North Carolina. Maybe it's time to drop by or log on and see what they have.

Great Clips® sent me some coupons for discounted haircuts. I've never used them before. I usually go to MasterCuts in the mall, since it's closer. The girls like to go to the hair salon. It gives them a chance to get their hair done up nicely. I have to admit that is not a strong point for me.

Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot. Ernie the mailman brought me the best gift on Friday. Through my National Home Gardening Club membership I ordered an electric Black & Decker 20-in. Hedge Trimmer. We never bought a pair of hedge trimmers when we moved in because the gas powered ones are so expensive. We keep saying we are going to get them, but we would prefer to spend that money elsewhere, so we paid the landscaper last year to trim the hedges.

Well, I wasn't thrilled with the job they did. Actually, I wasn't happy at all. You could barely tell they had been trimmed. When the landscaper came over to quote out the job, we had discussed how they needed to be cut way back for their health. I guess that wasn't relayed to the guys who came to do the actual work.

Now that I have my own set of hedge trimmers, I can cut them the way I want. I've done it at my in-laws' house before, so it shouldn't be an issue. I just need to make sure I don't cut through the cord.  LOL!

That's is for this week of You've Got Mail Mondays. Hope you have a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment