Friday, June 1, 2012

McCormick Grill Mates® Grill Ambassadors Party


Last weekend for our anniversary I hosted a McCormick Grill Mates® Grill Ambassadors Party. The sponsor sent me a fabulous kit that included:

■Party Booklet
■Grill Mates® Spiced Brandy & Herb Marinade
■Grill Mates® Slow and Low Memphis Pit BBQ Rub
■Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning Blend
■Grill Mates® Molasses Bacon Seasoning Blend
■Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce

I invited 10 people on Facebook and asked them to come on over. The menu ended up changing--as did the date. Originally it was supposed to be Monday, May 28th, but we held it on Sunday instead. We had chicken, pork, steak, grilled asparagus, grilled carrots and corn on the cob. I have photos, but I need the hubby to download them from the camera (I really need to learn how to do that), so I'll add them later.

The only package out of the kit I did not use for the party was the Slow and Low Memphis Pit BBQ Rub. I didn't have ribs here, and since they are the Lil Diva's favorite, I want to make sure she doesn't have to share them too much. 

Everyone raved about the food. My girls loved the chicken slathered with Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce. I also added the sauce to two pieces of boneless pork loin. I turned the Montreal Steak Seasoning Blend into a marinade and left the steak into it for a couple of hours. The Spiced Brandy & Herb Marinade was used on some of the chicken, while I put Molasses Bacon Seasoning Blend on two pieces of pork and one piece of chicken. That last one didn't seem to be a huge hit, but everything else was a home run.

Afterwards we played tag and hopscotch with the kids and made S'mores for dessert. It was a great time. The best part, I have several great products to use for another grilling party. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment