Monday, March 5, 2012

You've Got Mail Mondays


I'm having one of those I hate Monday morning type of days. I fell asleep in the Lil Diva's bedroom last night. I woke up to realize I hadn't prepared the girls' snacks for school, my husband's lunch, or written the book review I have scheduled at The Book Connection. So, by the time I did all that and took my bath--read a bit of Little Did I Know by Mitchell Maxwell too--it was about 2 AM when I slid into bed.

Mondays are also grocery shopping day, which I total despise. If I could afford to pay someone to go for me, I would. Oh, and then I noticed I have misplaced my sunglasses.

Is anyone ready to ask if I want some cheese with my whine? 

At least my mailman was fairly kind to me last week. He didn't load the box up with junk mail and bills. The most interesting item received was a sample of Nozin®. The tag line for this product is: Think hand sanitizer for your nose™.  The package contains two prefilled ampules and a $2.00 off coupon. The 8-hour all natural formula (patented formula of moisturizing botanicals and naturally derived alcohol) claims to kill 99.9% of germs. It has a soothing citrus scent and is zinc free and gluten free.

You can check it out at www.Nozin.com if you want more information.

For books, I received Christmas Jars and Christmas Jars Reunion by Jason F. Wright. This came along with Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey. I won these from a giveaway at Reviews by Molly.

Just in time for the movie release of The Hunger Games, comes the book, Katniss the Cattail by Valerie Estelle Frankel.  This is an unauthorized guide to names and symbols in The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The Lil Diva (10) and I read Collins's book in anticipation of the movie. She cannot wait to see it. Dystopian fiction is not my favorite genre, but I wasn't sure what the book contained, so we opted to read it together. Now she wants to move on to the next two books and I'm not sure I want her to continue. You can read my review here, if you're interested.

Finally, Banana Split by Josi S. Kilpack arrived last week. Each time I would see a new book come out in her culinary mystery series, I would say, "I'm going to read that one." My schedule never allowed it. So this time I am forcing it into my schedule, no matter what.

Hope you enjoyed taking a peek inside my mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment