Sunday, March 11, 2012

Product Review: L’OREAL® EverSleek Sulfate-free Smoothing System™

Months ago, I sent away for a sample of the L’OREAL® EverSleek Sulfate-free Smoothing System™. I was supposed to review it back in January, but I had only used it once. I didn't feel that was the best judge of how a product worked.

My hair is very thick. I've never been able to do much with my hair because of it. I tend to keep it on the short to medium side, because if I don't, it takes over my tiny face. I didn't request this system to help me deal with the frizzies, as much as I did to see if I could gain some control over my unruly mane that seems to have a mind of its own.

I received sample packets of the complete system: Intense Smoothing Shampoo, Intense Smoothing Conditioner, and Humidity Defying Leave-in Creme.

According to their website, the shampoo gently cleanses while smoothing frizzy and unruly hair. The conditioner smooths and deeply conditions hair without weighing it down. The creme is said to be an essential part of the system. The website states when it is used in conjunction with the shampoo and conditioner, "hair remains sleek, shiny and frizz-free for up to 48 hours."

There were no instructions on how often to use the system, but since it claimed it would work for up to 48 hours, I used the three products together every other day for two weeks. On opposing days, I used my regular shampoo and conditioner. I'm not sure if this impacted how the system worked.

While I definitely did not end up with satiny-smooth, runway model hair, I noticed a distinct difference in the overall texture and feel of it. Even though I was using a leave-in creme and a conditioner together, my hair never felt heavy or fell flat.

I'm not sure if prolonged use of the system would continue to improve the condition of my hair, but I think it's worth a try. I'm really looking to decrease the amount of stray hairs that fly away when it gets styled with a hair dryer. My current look, doesn't dry well naturally, so I mousse it and blow dry it every day. The extra conditioning is crucial.

If you visit L'OREAL's website, you can use their store locator to see where their products are sold.

 Have you tried this system? What did you think of it?


I requested a free sample of this product. I received no monetary compensation to provide this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment