Thursday, March 15, 2012

Conserve Energy When Using Your Clothes Dryer


Our subdivision does not allow residents to put up clothes lines, so I usually use a drying rack when I need to handle clothes that can't go into the dryer. It's a small one, so I can't put too much on it. This means I have to depend on my gas dryer more than I would like.

According to the California Energy Commission, consumers can conserve energy--and money--by following these tips:

  • Keep your dryer in a heated space. Cold, damp basements and unheated areas make the dryer work harder.
  • Clean your lint filter after every load. This improves air quality. My appliance guy also suggests cleaning the filter regularly with soapy warm water.
  • Dry two or more loads in a row. Most energy is used in heating up the dryer, so take advantage of retained heat.
They also offer more energy saving tips at their Consumer Energy Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment