Friday, April 18, 2014

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - P #atozchallenge



Almost at the end of week 3 of the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. I'm typing up this post to distract me from working on something I would rather avoid right now. Does that make me bad?

Psychalgia - mental pain or distress. There are days my kids cause me this.

Perennials - Our flowers beds feature a variety of perennials. From astilbes and hostas to liatrises and yarrows, I love exploring with colors in the garden. Now, if my thumb was a little less brown, things would be perfect.

Paul Revere's Ride - Paul Revere and William Dawes set off across the countryside on April 18, 1775 rousing hundreds of Minutemen who armed themselves to oppose the incoming British troops. This ride would become the inspiration for a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. To learn more, you can visit http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/revere-and-dawes-warn-of-british-attack

On a side note, I had to memorize Longfellow's poem in its entirety as a high school assignment. It seemed silly at the time, but I can still recall bits and pieces of it by heart nearly 30 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment