Sunday, December 15, 2013

Is Raising Your Child as a Vegetarian Healthy?




Have you considered raising your child as a vegetarian? I remember when the Lil' Diva was a baby. When I went back to work and couldn't pump as often as I would like, I supplemented breast milk with formula. The regular formula made her stomach upset, so she drank soy formula the rest of the time she was on the bottle. It definitely made a difference.

My husband and I aren't vegetarians, but I wonder if I had gone that route if our children would be better, healthier eaters. A growing trend in parenting is raising vegetarian children, but some critics argue children might not get the nutrients they need with a meatless diet. "Raising a Vegetarian: The Growing Trend – Is it Healthy for Children?” shares Lauren Schmitt's opinion on the matter. Schmitt is a registered dietitian, nutritionist and certified personal trainer with Healthy Eating and Training, Inc. and is in favor of children being raised as vegetarians. You can read the entire article at http://www.fulltimenanny.com/blog/raising-a-vegetarian-the-growing-trend-is-it-healthy-for-children/

No comments:

Post a Comment