Friday, December 20, 2013

Hidden Valley® Ranch Fest House Party



Last month, my Hidden Valley® Ranch Fest party pack I received through Crowdtap arrived. It included a Hidden Valley Team Ranch T-shirt, a bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing, a packet of Hidden Valley Original Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix, a packet of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix, packets of Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing, and a party insert with activities, recipes, and a coupon. It also came with samples for my guests, inserts with coupons, and a surprise gift.

Because it's tough to get everyone together this time of year, I opted to use Thanksgiving Day as my party date. We invited family and friends to join us. In all, there were nine of us. Next to Christmas, Thanksgiving is the largest meal I prepare each year. We had standard Thanksgiving Day fare, starting out with cheese and crackers, chips and salsa, and cut vegetables served with Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing (because they think ranch dressing is the perfect companion for them), then moving on to the main meal of salad with Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing, turkey, mashed potatoes, bread stuffing, gravy, squash, and rolls.



I set the table so that every guest had a package of Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing in their salad bowls. We're all game to try just about anything foodwise, so the rest of the group was on board.

My sister-in-law loved the individualized packets of dressing because they were the perfect size and amount for her salad. I liked that I didn't have to find room in my crammed refrigerator for yet another open bottle of salad dressing. I sent my guests home with some Ranch to Go packages I received. They are the best size to tuck into a lunch bag or bring up to my desk while I'm working so I can catch a quick and healthy snack. Guests also received coupons that came with party pack.



Finally, I used the remaining packets of Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs Dressing in a slow cooker recipe this week. You can find the recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore at https://www.hiddenvalley.com/recipe/962/slow-cooker-chicken-cacciatore/ With the exception of pizza, no one but me is a huge fan of tomato based meals, but everyone ate this one up. The best thing for me is that it took very little time to prepare, and then I turned on the heat and left it alone to cook for four hours.

I've usually stuck with Wishbone or a store brand for dressing, but this party convinced me that Hidden Valley dressings need to be regular purchases for our household.


I received my Hidden Valley® Ranch Fest party pack through Crowdtap. This review contains my honest opinions, which I was not compensated for in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment