Tuesday, August 6, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



That I am sitting down to type this post at almost 10 p.m. on Tuesday should indicate what kind of week it has been. Blogging here went out the window as other things like replacing a dead car battery, grocery shopping, and playing chauffeur took precedence. I think I might have some time at home tomorrow morning before taking the Lil' Princess to violin lessons.  Oh darn, that reminds me, the bill for her rental is overdue. Ugh!

So, last week was fairly exciting around here. I bid on an item for the Lil' Diva's birthday and I won it. I am so thrilled. Can't tell you what it is yet--in case she stops in to take a peek at the blog--but when I spill the beans you will be amazed she wanted one of these things considering all the technology that is out there. I haven't had one of these in probably 30 years.

I'm actually driving her nuts right now because every gift I've gotten her wasn't on her birthday list, but I know she wants them. She's desperately trying to figure out what I've bought, but she'll have to wait until Sunday to open it all.

School is due to start at the end of the month. I can't believe summer has passed so quickly. In last week's mail I received the Gardener's Supply Company End-of-Summer Clearance catalog. Now, I really know fall is coming. Plenty of back-to-school and fall catalogs have arrived from Land's End, too.

For books, I received a copy of Who I Be by Annie Brown, which I'l be reviewing at my Christian book blog next month.

That it for this week. Hope you are having a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment