Thursday, August 29, 2013

Product Review: NatureBox Snacks



Here is a product I'm excited to share with you. I'm not one to use Facebook to find things to purchase, but an advertisement caught my eye and I clicked on it. NatureBox is a box of snacks shipped right to your door each month. I was able to test our first box for only $9.95 with free shipping. In the sample box we received six items:

  • Tart and Tangy Fruit Medley: cranberries and apples
  • Cherry Crumble Granola
  • Cherry Ganache Granola
  • Tuscan Summer Mix: seeds, nuts, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan bran chips
  • Mango Almond Bites: crispy rice, mangoes, and pineapple
  • South Pacific Plantains
Because this was new to us, and because I wanted true opinions from my girls, I set up a little taste testing display at home. I gave each item a number, but didn't tell the girls what was in each snack. This took some convincing on the Lil' Princess' part, as she's not much into food adventures. She eats what she eats, but don't ask her to try new things.


Items 2, 3 and 6 were big hits here. The others were a mix of yes, no, and just okay. Dad really enjoyed the Tuscan Summer Mix, which actually made me think of the stuffing I make for Thanksgiving. My favorite item was the Cherry Ganache Granola and the girls went through that bag of plantains quickly. 

This month, we received the standard five snack box. The cost is $19.95 a month with free shipping. Our new selections were:

  • Smoky BBQ peas
  • Chia Seed Crackers
  • Salted Caramel Pretzel Pops
  • Cranberry Macaroon Granola
  • Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Pumpkin Seeds
The girls loved the pretzel pops. My favorite and Dad's was the granola. I like granola anyway, so it was a given I would enjoy it. None of us liked the peas and we haven't worked up the courage to try the pumpkin seeds yet. 

Each shipment includes a card with color pictures of the contents. In addition, there are some suggestions on how you can use these snacks, such as topping a dessert with Cherry Crumble Granola or dipping the Chia Seed Crackers in hummus. Each card also has a recipe idea. 

What I love about NatureBox is that it helps me stick to my goal to help our family eat healthier. We've always been big snackers, so it's not realistic to say we will cut out snacks; but we can snack on better, healthier foods. I also like the convenience of the product being shipped right to my door. 

Having visited the company's website today, it looks like they are testing the ability for customers to personalize their NatureBox, which would be great. I don't want to pay for a box that has snacks my family won't eat. While I feel the price is a bit high for 5 - 4 to 5 oz. snack packages, the free shipping and convenience are a big plus. And since the girls ask me to pack these snacks for their lunches, I know the snacks they enjoy won't go to waste.


This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment