Thursday, August 1, 2013

What Weird Things Do Your Kids Collect?



What is it about people and collections? When I was growing up, I collected rocks. I actually paid for some that were painted--like the blue one with the Olympics logo on it from probably around 1976. For years now, I've collected spoons. I haven't gotten any new ones in a while, but friends who traveled to Germany, France, Switzerland, and England were kind enough to bring spoons home for me.

Kids also love collecting. For a while my kids collected rocks. Then it was worms. Yuck! But maybe the oddest thing they've ever collected is wrappers. I have a computer keyboard box from when the Lil' Diva was a toddler filled with empty wrappers from chocolates, fruit snacks, crackers, etc. The Lil' Princess followed in her footsteps and saves wrappers. She also collects kid's menus from when we go out to eat. She especially likes the ones from North Carolina and New York City, because they come from places she doesn't see all the time.

"10 Weird Things Kids Collect" shares some unusual items known to be collected by kids. As I read through, I was reminded of our John Boy's action figure collection, which  includes hundreds of action figures through his childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment