Monday, May 13, 2019

Mailbox Monday - May 13



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

We are back to Monday again. I hope my fellow moms had a nice Mother's Day. The weather was yucky, but at least Saturday I got a chance to clean up the flower beds and move some of the plants I've been wanting to move for the past couple of years.

The family treated me to a bunch of nice cards.



Then we all went out to eat. 



My mother-in-law is staying with us, which is nice. I've been struggling with a bit of depression lately. All this nonsense with the church really has me down. I need to find a new church, but don't really want to. I'll bring her to church somewhere while she is here, but it isn't the same. Hopefully she is okay with it.

On the book front, I treated myself to two books. One had been on pre-order. The other I bought while shopping at Walmart yesterday.



That's it from me this week. Hope you enjoy all your new books.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    I haven't been following the saga of your issues with the church, but don't let it get you down too much!

    Take a leaf out of your second featured book and carry on being a good Christian in your own way, every day. You don't need to go to church to do that and you'll probably be just as happy.

    Your family obviously appreciate you, it looks as though you enjoyed a lovely day together. Mother's Day here in the UK was back in March, it seems a little strange that we can't organize ourselves so that these celebration days are on the same date the world over, it would be so much nicer :)

    Yvonne

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Yvonne. I've been in church leadership for thirty years and it's tough to let go. I'm going to try to find the right match, but maybe God is simply calling me to worship at home for a while.

    Different holidays can be confusing, My Canadian friends have Thanksgiving in October. I have to make a conscious effort to remember it.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have a wonderful Mother's Day. We managed okay, too, despite my health issues.

    I did find a new place...so now I just have to move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day with family.The Pioneers looks interesting. I love reading books about pioneering families and their struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl- Sorry to hear about your church difficulties. I've been through that. My husband and I were in leadership and had to challenge a pastor over misspending. We chose to leave the church and allow the pastor and congregation to try to heal. (He was removed within two years.) It was very painful to leave the church where our children grew up but we learned after a few months that it was a way for God to move us and push us to grow. :-)
    I hope you will find a church where God wants you to be because I think fellowship is an important part of our relationship.
    I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day.
    The Payleitner book was my First book a couple of years ago. I really liked it.
    It has been a long time since I read McCollough but he delivers great history.
    I hope you find peace in your situation and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to-do lists. I can't imagine a to-do list from God, though. God has more important things to do, I suspect.

    ReplyDelete