Monday, May 20, 2019

Mailbox Monday - May 20



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Will someone please tell me how to freeze time--kind of like Mel does on Charmed. Honestly, I can't keep up. Right after I am done with this post, I need to finalize a listing presentation for tomorrow morning. The girls are getting close to the end of the school year, so there are a lot of activities going on. All our eyes are focusing on visiting the Outer Banks again this summer.

In my writing and reading world, I've increased my blogging a bit--not sure how long that will last--and worked to catch up on the reviews I have coming down the line this month and next. This year, I want to bring some books to read "just because I want to" when we travel. Nothing much going on with my middle grade novel. It is sitting around Chapter 21. Need to write one more chapter before the next writing group meeting. I also really want to nail down a couple of agents to submit Clever Tom to before we go away.

Only one new book this week, but it is a good one that was recommended by a trainer.


What was in your mailbox this week? Anything exciting you would like to share?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    I'm not sure whether we need to freeze time, or just add more hours into the day, but then I guess we would find more tasks to do and still never catch up, so yours is definitely the better idea :)

    I quite like small mailboxes, as I then have time to process the lovely new books I receive and give them the attention they deserve.

    I am solely a fiction reader, whereas hubbie will only read non-fiction, so between the two of us, our shelves have quite an eclectic mix of reading material. Your book this week would definitely appeal to him and he would relish reading it from cover to cover. He has a background in coaching, training and mentoring, so I shall be telling him all about it, just as soon as we get to see each other for more than a couple of minutes at a time!

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your week :)

    Yvonne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like small mailboxes too, Yvonne. I have way too many unread books here. Thanks for sharing this book with your hubby. Sounds like it is perfect for him.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully as the school year winds down you will feel like time is slowing down. Not sure if it ever does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it does, Nise'. This year there will be a lull between the end of school and vacation, so hopefully we can get a few things done before we head down south.

      Delete
  3. Someone just recommended that book to me and I'm trying to remember who it was. They said it's presents a great way to approach life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does, bermudaonion. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Negotiating is a fine balance. Hope you really enjoy that book.
    I'm not sure it would help to freeze time - the work would still be there when time snaps back. And adding more hours would probably just get them filled up. Soooo we just keep juggling and pressing on.
    Have a good week. Try to find some time to relax and enjoy reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the small mailboxes too.

    ReplyDelete