Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Book Review: The Brave Art of Motherhood by Rachel Marie Martin

Just in time for Mother's Day comes this inspiring story of Rachel Marie Martin, who fought back fear and tossed aside the masks she hid behind to find her true self and charge boldly into the future.

The Brave Art of Motherhood is one mother's story, but as you read it, you realize it could be any mother's story. You get caught up in the daily demands of parenting and one day discover your dreams are gone and you're hiding behind this carefully plotted out ideal of what you want people to think about your life.

Motherhood is tough. It can be messy. But, as Martin reminds her readers, when you decide to rediscover your true self, you will be happier and so will your family.

This book touched me in many ways. I had already begun to dig myself out a bit from all those years of mothering when I forgot I existed. That probably sounds harsher than I mean for it to come across, but it's so true that you become someone's wife and someone's mother or someone's something else, but lose part of your identity as you move through life. It can be a challenge to find yourself again, but The Brave Art of Motherhood will be helpful in accomplishing that goal.




Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: WaterBrook (October 9, 2018)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9780735291393
ISBN-13: 978-0735291393
ASIN: 073529139X

I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.


No comments:

Post a Comment