Monday, October 21, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Bet you're wondering where I've been hiding? Well, maybe not. The title of this blog is The Busy Mom's Daily, so you can guess what's happened. Yep, busy as all get out. The Lil' Princess' last regular season soccer game was yesterday. She scored two goals and the team went on to win 3-1. Now we're waiting for the playoff schedule. She also cheered at the last regular football game of the season. Oh, and the local Taste of Greece festival was this weekend, too, so pretty much I had a lot of work to do because I knew I wouldn't be around all weekend.

The mailbox was filled with all kinds of goodies last week. The latest Land's End and L.L. Bean catalogs arrived, as did a catalog from LTD Commodities. I haven't seen one from them in a while. The Lil' Diva found a One Direction throw and pillowcase on one of the pages. Maybe Santa will bring them for her. Also in the mailbox was my latest issues of Health Magazine and Shape, the last of which I still have no idea why I'm getting. The ESPN magazine that also mysteriously appears each month--and gets promptly recycled--also showed up.

What I really want to know is whose mailing list I got on. Six books were delivered last week, only two of which were ones I requested to review. Merry Humbug Christmas by Sandra Bricker and Traces of Mercy by Michael Landon Jr. and Cindy Kelly are books I'll be reviewing at Cheryl's Christian Book Connection. I honestly didn't know Landon was writing novels. This is his second one with Kelly. Traces of Mercy is set at the end of the Civil War, which already makes it appealing to me. And who can resist a seasonal read like Bricker's? The other books were all for kid's, which is great, but I am so far behind on reviews I don't know when--or if--I'll get to them. Here's the list:


  • Unhooking the Moon by Gregory Hughes. This book was originally published in the United Kingdom and went on to win the Booktrust Teen Fiction Prize and was shortlisted for the Guardian children's fiction prize. 
  • Guinea Pigs Online by Jennifer Gray and Amanda Swift
  • Frightfully Friendly Ghosties by Daren King
  • Sammy Feral's Diaries of Weird by Eleanor Hawken
These last three are chapter book series launched by Quercus Publishing. 

I'm excited to see all these new books arrive, but I am anxious that I'll get through my ever growing TBR pile.

That's it for now. Hope you have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment