Monday, October 28, 2013

From My TBR Pile: Traces of Mercy by Michael London Jr. and Cindy Kelly



This is a new feature I am starting. I have so many books in my TBR pile, I feel I really need to share them before they get forgotten. My hope is to talk about one book from my pile at least twice a week.


COVER: I'm a very visual person. If a book cover doesn't catch my attention, I won't even bother reading the blurb. This is a beautiful cover--more lovely up close than this jpeg can indicate. The young woman holding the mercy medallion is looked upon by a solider, who amazingly enough looks a bit like Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey fame; though this man's looks are more rugged.

BLURB: As the Civil War ends, a young woman suffers an accident that leaves her unconscious and alone. Waking up with amnesia, she takes the name Mercy because of the mercy medallion around her neck.

More than anything, Mercy wants to find out the truth of her past, but when the town's most eligible bachelor comes courting, she decides to look instead to the future. Life seems filled with promise until a handsome stranger comes into town, a man who knows her history...and something that could destroy her.

From Michael Landon Jr. and Cindy Kelley, authors of The Silent Gift and creators of the hit television film Love Comes Softly, comes an exciting historical romance set in post-Civil War, and filled with suspense and faith-building values.

FIRST SENTENCE (April 1865): The assault came in the dusky-pink dawn on a Sunday.


Series: Mercy Medallion Trilogy
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: David C. Cook (October 1, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0781408695
ISBN-13: 978-0781408691

PURCHASE FROM CHRISTIANBOOK.COM OR AMAZON!

Blogger's note: I'll be reviewing this book on November 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment