Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Vacation Rant - Trash on the Beach



I don't consider myself an ardent environmentalist, but I don't like litter either. It makes no sense to me when there are multiple trash receptacles on the beach why people have to leave their trash hanging around.

The other night, the family and I went for a late night walk on the beach in Kill Devil Hills. What was supposed to be a leisurely trip to find seashells became a pick up the trash trip for me as I followed along scooping up bottle caps, fireworks trash (they are illegal here, by the way), shoe laces, plastic wrappers, and more.

One of the reasons we've come to the Outer Banks each year for more than a decade is because of their beautiful beaches. I hope visitors to the Outer Banks will respect its beauty and keep the beaches clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment