Friday, July 5, 2013

Diary of a Busy Mom - Menopause



Why didn’t someone warn me that menopause stinks? Women spend their adult lives looking forward to the time they don’t have to deal with pads and tampons. At least I did. But I would gladly choose one week of discomfort to days filled with multiple hot flashes, belly fat, and needing to sleep with a fan six inches from my head each night.

In addition to the obvious physical symptoms, I find coping with the fact I can never bear children again kind of depressing. Not that I was desperate to have more children, but at least before this year I had a choice in the matter.


I’m not sure why menopause has come upon me so early. Next Friday I’ll celebrate my 45th birthday, but many of my friends who are around my age or older still have their periods. I’m not sure I’m ready for this stage of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment