Friday, July 26, 2013

Tips from Bloggers on Helping Kids Through a Move



A failed business followed by my parents' bankruptcy filing led to us moving out of the only home I had known for the first 12 years of my life. When my mother died two years later, we were forced to move again, this time to an apartment my father could afford on a single income. We would move another time when my father remarried.

I remember how tough it was leaving all those places, so when I was a single parent I tried to make each move a bit easier. I'm not sure if I was successful, but my son doesn't seem the worse for wear because we lived in a variety of places. Even in the late 80s and into the 90s we didn't seek as many resources for helping kids as we do now. The Internet certainly has made life easier.

"21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move" shares links to numerous articles on how you can help your child through a move, whether it be across town or across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment