Saturday, January 29, 2011

You Want Some Snow? I Have Plenty to Send

In case you hadn't heard, the East Coast has gotten hammered with snow this year. I think this is even worse than 1999/2000, when it seemed to snow at least once a week. We moved into our house two weeks before Christmas in 1999. By Christmas we had snow, and it really didn't stop snowing for what seemed like forever. We didn't have a snow blower then, and let me tell you, I was so ready for spring that year.

This winter we've had three major snow storms that have dumped 8 inches or more. You take your life in your hands trying to pull out of a side street onto a main drag. The plow crews have been doing a great job keeping up with it all, but there is nowhere to put the snow anymore. Bucket loaders would need to come and haul it away. But to where?

Here are a few pictures from around the homestead:


I guess it's good I didn't trim the holly bushes. At least those aren't buried.



I'm not getting into the shed anytime soon.


Good thing all this white stuff looks beautiful, because it's a real pain to clear a path through to anywhere. That mound in the far left corner with a tiny bit of black visible is my compost bin. Needless to say, I'm not trekking out there every day to add my food scraps.

The weather report is calling for more snow this coming Tuesday. I might just book a one way ticket to California.

3 comments:

  1. California, or Florida! :-) We're "suffering" through low 70's right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father used to call from Daytona Beach and say he was in his shorts while we were in the midst of a snowstorm.

    Well guess what, another 12-16 inches are on their way over the next two days. I am so not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But just think, you don't have to mow the lawn! Sounds like you need a nice hot cup of cocoa, a crackling fire and a good book. :)

    ReplyDelete