Thursday, January 6, 2011

Help! I'm Addicated to Free Books for my Kindle!


I think having a bit of time off is dangerous to my health. I've got tons of books to review for The Book Connection and The Children's and Teens' Book Connection, but here I am spending my late evenings browsing through the free books available for Kindle and picking up more books than I should.

Since I began my journey, I have picked up 15 titles. My TBR pile is already 81 books long before adding these to my device. When do I think I am going to have time to read all these books?

Some of them are classic books I never would have bought:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Aruthr Conan Doyle.

Other books I felt would be good for research:

Woman's Life in Colonial Days by Carl Holliday

Letters of a Woman Homesteader by Elinore Pruitt Stewart

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl by Harriet Ann Jacobs.

Tonight I found some titles whose blurbs caught my eye:

Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson

The Justice Game by Randy Singer

Happily Ever After by Susan May Warren

Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch by B. J. Daniels ( I wanted this one because cowboy stories are cool).

Do you have any free eBooks on your eReader? What makes you decide to add them even when your TBR pile is falling all over the floor?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have an ereader, yet. Maybe this year, for Christmas. I know, it's almost 11 1/2 months away. The time will fly! I'll try to wait patiently.

    I have looked at the classics that can be downloaded, for free, at Amazon. I'd definitely go crazy downloading the free ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to do. It's a good thing I have clients in February or I would really be downloading books. LOL!

    ReplyDelete