Monday, August 31, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Aug 31




Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

The end of August has arrived. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The Lil' Princess heads back to campus today, one more step in getting back to life before the pandemic hit. I think next week I will finally cut off Instacart and return to grocery shopping.

So much of life is still in flux, and I'm facing some decisions that require a great deal of prayer. Nothing dreadful or earth-shattering (the family is fine), but they are not decisions to make lightly.

On a positive note, I received word that I am now licensed to sell real estate in North Carolina. First part of a plan that may see me spending more time down south.

My physical mailbox remained empty last week. I downloaded this seasonal cowboy romance to my Kindle Unlimited library. I am ready for something easy to read.


That's it from my neck of the woods. What did your mailbox hold last week? Are you looking forward to a change of seasons? 

11 comments:

  1. i expect that I'll be locked down indefinitely, since this residence is very strict about keeping us safe.

    Someday I do hope to go out and about again, but I anticipate that won't happen for a while.

    Enjoy your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you're locked down, Laurel, but I'm glad they are diligent about safety. I pray you can go out and about one day once it's safe. Not having your independence must be hard.

      Delete
  2. I'm afraid things will get worse before they get better with this pandemic. I sure hope I'm wrong.
    Flu season is coming so..

    I got three books that look so good. Nothing by mail last week either.
    I'm reading a book that is good, THE LIES THAT BIND by Emily Giffin. She's pretty good.

    I'm not big on holiday books but do read them when authors give me copies and usually really enjoy them. I have one waiting as a matter of fact.

    Have a great week and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid you're right, Linda, but I pray not. I need to get my flu shot, which I do every year.

      I checked out The Lies That Bind. It sounds good. I love holiday books, but I rarely read them. Seems I end up with too many other books in my list. Hopefully, I change that this year.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the NC license! I hope you enjoy the Christmas book. Watch for the new Nancy Naigle Christmas book. I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I usually enjoy Christmas stories when I read them.

      Are you talking about A Heartfelt Christmas Promise? That one looks wonderful. She has a re-release and another Christmas book coming out. I should check her website more often.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting your license. Prayer always helps me when I need to make decisions. Enjoy your new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. Prayer helps me, too. I've been enjoying a Sunday Bible study via Zoom with a local pastor. Not quite the same as worshiping in person, but it's nice to learn together.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your license in North Carolina.

    ENJOY your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're seeing reduction in cases in Florida but still have to be cautious. I hope all goes well for your daughter.
    Congratulations on your license in North Carolina. Are you considering a move south?
    I like the looks of the Cowboy Christmas Plan. Sounds sweet and fun.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!


    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to getting into some Christmas reads. My children are slowly getting back to the office. Most are only doing two days a week in the office and three at home.

    ReplyDelete