Monday, August 3, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Aug 3




Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Welcome to August. Our month came in like a lion with storms and a tornado warning. Some areas had storm damage, but not as bad as it could have been. Looks like a sunny week with a few scattered thunderstorms.

Not a very productive week, but I did get some reading done and harvested a few vegetables. I have also been binge watching Fuller House.

We started a weekly Zoom Bible study on Sunday. I've missed attending church services. Many places are still holding online services. Facebook Live and Zoom are nice, but they aren't like seeing people. I pray we can get back to in-person services soon.

My physical mailbox held one treat this week.


I also grabbed these Kindle freebies.





What presents did your mailbox hold? What is one thing you've been missing during the pandemic? How are you coping?

10 comments:

  1. I remember John Byner - hope its an enjoyable read. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't remember him right away, Mary, but when I looked up his IMDB page I recalled his roles on Silk Stalkings and Soap.

      Hope you have a good week, too.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your books and your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl,

    Personally I am not a church goer, however we live close to 2 cathedrals and an abbey and it is so sad to see them open their doors for pre-booked services of worship, without seating or pews, which have all been removed. Instead the congregation stand on pre designated spots on the ground, in rows, 2 metres apart!

    This doesn't feel anything like 'normal' to those of us over a certain age!

    I am liking the sound of 'Hope For Christmas', but I am wondering at what point new cover art will have to begin reflecting the new normal of no hugging!

    I hope that your weather is a little more settled this week ad that you get time for a little more reading :)

    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne,

      It really is sad. You make a good point about book covers as well. Will they change? Will they stay the same to remind people of the old normal?

      Looks like a tropical storm is headed our way, but we aren't close to the ocean so we will probably just get rain.

      Thanks for visiting, Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. We've been having all our congregational meetings via Zoom since March and I haven't missed one yet. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you have been able to attend your meetings, Laura. I think part of my challenge is having meetings for work that way, too. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. So many things are via Zoom now. I hope to get back to normal sooner rather than later.
    Enjoy your books, the Christmas one looks especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and nice to harvest your own vegetables!
    Hubby and I are glad we can participate with our church through the facebook video. The church is open but he is very high risk so we have remained home for church.
    Our court hearings are on Zoom still. Hearings on Zoom are fine but I am just not comfortable that they are as effective for trials.
    Nice pick ups at Kindle. Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete